Winter is not the typical month to list a home but it does have numerous benefits. Many times buyers who are looking at your home in the winter time are very serious about buying. Winter buyers don’t typically trudge through snow and ice to view a home if they were not serious about purchasing the home. In addition, in the winter time, there is less inventory meaning winter listings have less competition. Listing a home in the winter may seem daunting, here are a few tips to make the process easier to attract buyers:
- Clear driveway and pathway: A clear driveway and pathway will be a welcomed sight to buyers. If there is sleet, snow or ice be sure to have a clear way for buyers to get in and out of the house. If conditions are slick, if may be wise to lay down some rock salt on the pathway to prevent buyers from slipping around as they enter the house.
- Keep the entry way clean: It is easy to throw off snow boots or shoes and leave them in the entry way of a home. Be sure to stick shoes in a near by closet. Another option is entering through the garage and having a shoe rack in the garage by the door. It is a great way to keep mud and muck out of the house and to keep shoes organized.
- Set the mood: If you have a fire place have a roaring fire going. Make the home look cozy by having some decorative throws on the couch. The space should look like a great area for a new buyer to enjoy a cup of coffee on a snowy day.
- Maximize Light: In the winter months the days are shorter and darker. Be sure to turn on the lights in your house so the home shows wells. If it is day time, open curtains or blinds to let the light shine through. Hopefully you will have a beautiful winter day for buyers to view.
- Keep It Warm: A warm house is inviting. Be sure that the homes temperature is warm and comfortable. A home buyer is not going to want to walk through a cold house with their jacket on.
If you are looking to sell your home this winter, we would be happy to help you! Just give us a call.