Summer time is usually a great time to jump into real estate! Here are just a few reasons why you may want to consider taking the plunge into real estate this summer:
- Inventory levels are higher in the summer time. Meaning there are more homes to choose from. Making it much easier to find the home that fits your needs. In May there were 734 listed homes in Bend, surely the inventory levels are higher now as we move into the middle of the summer.
- Rent is going up. Rent inventory is still very low in Bend and now in Redmond too. Meaning it is harder to find an affordable rental home. Why pay someone else’s mortgage? Instead think about buying a home of your own.
- Interest rates are still relatively low. There is speculation that interest rates will increase towards the end of the year. It may be best to secure a loan now before rates start to jump upwards.
- It is a more pleasant time to look. Summer time is a great time to look at homes; lawns are manicured, flowers are planted and backyards are looking picture perfect. Furthermore, visiting an air conditioned home can be a great way to spend an afternoon, especially if your home does not have air conditioning.
- Moving is easier in the summer. Kids are out of school meaning, you won’t have to worry about moving them and shuttling them to school events. There is more daylight, giving you more time to pack and get things completed. The weather may be warm, but moving in the snow sound much more tedious than moving in the summer sun.
We would love to help you find the home of your dreams this summer. Feel free to contact us if you are thinking about finding your dream home!