Summer is here and the real estate season is in full swing. Curb appeal is an important part of the selling process. An attractive home with strong curb appeal can make a great first impression on buyers. If you are in the process of selling your home or considering selling your home her are a few tips to for creating curb appeal:
1. Fresh Paint – Nothing makes a home shine like a fresh coat of paint. Chipped or faded paint can detour buyers. Also, choosing a more neutral color for the exterior is a great choice. Homes that have odd exterior paint colors may not be pleasing to future buyers.
2. Flowers – Flowers are a great way to add a pop of color to a walk way or front lawn. Planting flowers can be inexpensive but can really help pull a yard together.
3. Freshly Mowed Lawn – A lawn that is over grown can give a home an unkempt feel. Having a freshly mowed lawn can help a home look more put together. Plus, who doesn’t love the smell of freshly cut grass?
4. Cleared Walked Way – No matter what type of walk way you have, it should be cleared. If it is cement or brick a quick sweeping and power-washing can really make the property look nice. If it is gravel make sure that flowers and debris are cleared. This may be a good time to fill the walkway in with more gravel.
5. Up Keep on Decks – If you have a front deck it is important to do yearly or bi-yearly upkeep. This could include power washing, sanding and restraining the decks to give them a nice shine.