10. Pumpkin Spice Lattes – There is nothing I love more than a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte in the fall. It is like Thanksgiving in a cup!
9. Time to use the wood stove – I love sitting next to a roaring fire and drinking a cup of hot coco. It is such a relaxing way to spend a cool fall evening.
8. Cooler weather – This summer has been HOT I am ready for my boots and sweater weather.
7. Leaves changing colors – I love watching the leaves change colors. Drake Park is an especially beautiful place to take an afternoon stroll and look at the foliage.
6. First snow – With cooler weather comes snow. The first snow usually falls some time in October and is always somewhat magical. I am sure snow boarders and skiers will agree, since the first snow also means Mt. Bachelor will be opening soon.
5. Holidays – I love the holidays from Halloween to Thanksgiving. Now that my son is a little older I am looking forward to dressing him up for Halloween!
4. Less tourists – Bend is bustling in the summer time with tourists but in the fall tourism slows down and all of my favorite stomping grounds are not so busy.
3. Plenty of homes on the market – With the summer busy season ending, there are still homes on the market just wanting for buyers. The summer and early fall means lots of home buying options.
2. School starts – You can almost hear the parents in Central Oregon cheering as summer break approaches its end. September 9th is just around the corner when summer break officially ends.
1. The end of fire season – This has been one of the smokiest seasons that I can remember. Many people in Oregon have lost their homes and are displaced due to this extremely high fire season. Our firefighters have been very busy protecting us all from these crazy fires. I am looking forward to fall because fire season will start to draw to an end and our amazing firefighters can get a well deserved brake.